Utah Ski Resorts: Background
Utah - just west of Colorado- has terrific places to see relatives snow holidays, including seven different mountain tops which are under 40 miles in the Salt Lake City airport terminal- see profiles below - and 2 more locations which are also under an hour or so in the airport terminal.
Highlights of skiing in Utah include:
- Great Snow: they refer to it as "The Finest Snow on the planet", and Utah's slopes are recognized for dry, light "champagne powder"
- Airport terminal to Slope Time: families can fly right into a major airport terminal and may then drive under an hour or so towards the slopes
- Variety: the nine Utah ski resorts inside an hour from the SLC sirport offer completely different encounters. Also, the first is "ski-only" - a goody for snowboarders. Families can remain in affordable Salt Lake City and ski or board in a different place every day.
Utah Ski Resorts - near Salt Lake City
The Small Cottonwood Canyon has two ski resorts, Snowbird (30 miles in the airport terminal) and Alta (32 miles.)
- 2500 skiable acres, 3240' vertical drop, 85 runs
- Base elevation: 7760 ft
- Aerial Tram takes snowboarders to some 2-1/2 mile run
- 600' tunnel with conveyor lift
- Small slopeside pedestrian village
- Search for Kids Ski Free deals
- Combined Alta-Snowbird pass gives snowboarders 4700 acres
- Local favorite snowboarders-only!
- Top-ranked in snow quality because of its dry light snow
- 2200 acres, 2020 vertical drop, base elevation 8530 ft, over 100 runs
- Old-style ski lodge
- Ski into neighboring Snowbird (with the proper pass)
- Daycare, Children's Ski Adventure Center
The Large Cottonwood Canyon has two ski resorts, Solitude (33 miles from SLC airport terminal) and Brighton (35 miles.)
- 66 runs, 1050 acres, 1745 vertical drop base elevation 8755 ft
- combined Sol-Vibrant pass adds Solitude resort
- well-liked by teens and 'boarders
- noted for terrain parks
- Chosen #1 for Child/Warm And Friendly Terrain and finest Value by local raising a child magazine
- search for "Kids Ski Free" promotions
- Affordable slopeside lodging at Brighton Lodge
- 64 runs, 1200 acres
- Attractive "village" has ski-in, ski-out condos and motel, restaurants, supermarket, ice-rink, Club Solitude club-house with heated outside pool and whirlpools, theatre that shows family movies, games rooms, and lounge
Park City Ski Resorts
Three more resorts are utilized if you take Interstate 80 in the airport terminal and heading toward Park City, a great-sized place with a lot of accommodation, a classic town from historic mining days, and (yes, in Utah) night life.
- So near to Park City that "Town Lift" is really within the historic a part of town
- greater than 100 runs, 3300 skiable acres, 6-pack lifts
- 37 miles from SLC airport terminal
- "Fast Tracks" pass allows visitors skip lineups
- Multiple terrain parks, Olympic Superpipe
- All downhill Coaster toboggan slide with 4, 000' of curves and loops
- Kids programs
- many services &lifier lodging options including luxury in the St. Regis
- 90 runs, 1750 acres
- Noted for top-of-the-line services
- Foodies' paradise
- 36 miles to airport terminal
- childrens' ski programs, teen ski programs, day care beginning with infants 2 several weeks old
- awesome programs for example First Tracks and Gps navigation Ski Monitoring
- Utah's biggest ski and snowboard resort has 152 runs, 3700 skiable acres, 8 peaks
- 33 miles from SLC airport terminal, 4 miles from Park City's historic Primary Street
- Day care facility for age range six days to 6 years has gondola use of a sledding hill
- Slopeside accommodations from casual to AAA Four Gemstone-ranked Grand Summit Resort Hotel
- village has food, shops
Two More Ski Resorts Near Salt Lake City
Also under an hour or so in the SLC airport terminal are, and Sundance Ski Resort, that has evening skiing. R
Discover much more about Utah ski locations:
About.com's Skiing website has particulars about skiing all of the Utah ski resorts. Also, Ski Utah covers all Utah ski spots and it has links towards the internet sites of person resorts.
*Check ski resort internet sites for updates! And appearance recent customer comments in a site like TripAdvisor.com.
Out of the box common within the travel industry, the author was supplied with complimentary lodging and encounters at a few of these areas, with regards to review. Although it hasn't affected this review, About.com thinks entirely disclosure of potential conflicts of great interest. To learn more, see our ethics policy.