PowderQuest’s Lead Back country Ski Guides are licensed through the Worldwide Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA), the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG), the Canadian Ski Guides Association (CSGA), and/or are professional people from the Canadian Avalanche Association (CAA).
Our Assistant Ski Guides hold no less than Canadian Avalanche Association Ski Procedures Level 1 certifications (or similar certification from associations in other nations), have extensive backwoods first-aid training, and speak British and The spanish language.
David Owen: PowderQuest Founder – Assistant Snowboard Guide
In the day he first walked into a set of skis in 1976, David was hooked. After finding snowboarding together with his buddies Adam, Erin, and Blaise, the addiction transported beyond Dar’s ski weekends and also the powder at “Powerlines” it had been the soul from it all. He carries these reminiscences today as the love to ride and dreams to visit took him by himself PowderQuest. The mountain tops and volcanoes of Colorado, Wyoming, Canada, Alaska, and Chile and Argentina happen to be his primary focus. In 1994, David’s wanderlust started, and before he understood it, he'd investigated, surfed, and snowboarded 15 Latin American nations. After landing in South America’s outside adventure mecca, Pucon, Chile in 1998, he built a journey tourism company, learned The spanish language, and established residence within this mystical country.
- Home Country: Chile
- Certifications: Canadian Avalanche Association Ski Procedures Level 1, Backwoods First Responder
- Back country Experience: fifteen years
- Languages: British, The spanish language
- Favorite Places to Ride: Andes Back country and Jackson Hole
- Hobbies: Surfing, photography, music, travel
Mo Rasiah: Lead Ski Guide in Argentina and Chile
An Australian born and bred skier, Mo Rasiah was raised skiing a little resort known as Thredbo. Falling deeply in love with skiing throughout college, the mountain tops eventually introduced him to Whistler where he discovered the bliss of powder skiing. Teaching skiing, avalanche courses, and guiding to cover his travel and skiing, he's ski together with around australia, Canada, Alaska, Europe, Chile and Argentina. He's reviewed ten years with no summer time.
- Home Country: Canada
- Certifications: Association of Canadian Mountain Guides Ski Guide, Canadian Avalanche Association Ski Procedures Level 2, Canadian Ski Guides Association Level 3, Fully Licensed Ski Instructor (APSI Level 3), CSIA Freeride Level 1, CSCF Level 1 Coach, CASI Level 1, Outside Emergency Care, Advanced Backwoods First-aid
- Back country Experience: 8 years
- Languages: The spanish language, British
- Favorite Places to Ride: Las Lenas ski area, Whistler
- Hobbies: Mountain climbing and doing anything to obtain more powder face shots!
Philippe Gautier: Lead Ski Guide – Risk Management Project Manager
Phil is really a licensed ski guide through the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides and it has been guiding with PowderQuest since 2006. He's labored like a mountain professional in Quebec, Western Canada, South Usa and Europe teaching professional avalanche classes for the Canadian Avalanche Association, avalanche predicting, ski guiding, in addition to talking to on risk management projects as well as for media productions. Like a heliski guide he's been associated with the introduction of new programs in Bc and Quebec. Within the South American Andes, Phil has skied extensively and it has lead ski touring and ski alpinism expeditions in the central ranges to Tierra del Fuego. Since 2010, he's been associated with a journey skiing tv program and functions his or her consultant and investigator and also on camera participant and guide.
- Certifications: Association of Canadian Mountain Guides Ski Guide, Canadian Avalanche Association Level 2, Professional Person in Canadian Avalanche Association, Canadian Ski Coaches Federation level 1, Canadian Ski Patrol System operational member, Advanced Team First-aid interprovincial level 3, Backwoods First Responder, Justice Institute of Bc Search and Save Manager
- Back country Experience: Since 1999
- Languages: The spanish language, British, French
- Favorite Places to Ride: Bc and Nevados p Chillan
- Hobbies: Hockey